My Soul Delighteth in the Scriptures...

Today at work, one of my co-workers asked me a question about something in 1st Nephi. I didn't quite know the answer, so tonight I anxiously searched the scriptures for one. While doing this, I got distracted by all of the notes that I have made in my scriptures. All of the different words that were marked with different colors. I started flipping through my Book of mormon, faster and faster. Until I felt this overwhelming feeling of the Spirit. It wasn't the normal feeling that I can when I read my scriptures, or when I hear something warm and fuzzy. It was this enormous high, a feeling like I used to get when I was on my Mission. I literally had to stop reading, searching and pondering the scriptutres and just breathe. I cannot believe how amazing it felt, and it brought back a flood of memories. Never in my life(I regret to say), have I ever felt such a passion about the scriptures than when I was on my Mission. Of course I know why this is, but it was such an oustanding experience. I could literally feel my Saviors presence all around me. I love the scriptures, I love the gospel. How incredibly thankful I am to know of it's existence. I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father for prompting my co-worker to ask me what she did. I hope and pray that I can continue to feel the way I did tonight. Heavenly Father loves us, and He wants us to return to Him. I'm so thankful for the guidance that the Scriptures give to us.

The last page I turned to was Doctrine and Covenants 100:12 which reads:

"Therefore, continue in your journey and let your hearts rejoice; for behold, and lo, I am with you even unto the end. "

Comments

Amy Savage said…
Love this post! Thank you so much for it. It made my night.

Popular posts from this blog

Magrath Days...

Six Months...

happy birthday to my man...