wake up call !

So we've had a really busy weekend. As a lot of you know we've started doing reno's in our home, and will be doing them for probably the next 2-3 months. It's really great, and exciting....but here's comes the BIG but!!!

Tonight, as I was attending a baptism, I had this total wake-up call. If I don't have the gospel, I don't have anything. Yes, I already knew this, but I don't think that I have been completely appreciating all of my blessings.

As I sat their, with Richard arm around me, it took me back to my Mission. What an amazing experience it was.

*I miss bearing my testimony daily

*I miss feeling the spirit 24/7

*I miss having these powerful spiritual experiences every day

*I miss seing the look on people's faces when they "get it"

*I miss watching people enter into the covenant of baptism


Of course there's SO MANY more things that I miss, but the bottom line it was like a smack in the face!

DUH Melinda....you can't be set apart to serve the Lord for another 1 1/2 years, but I can serve Him in other ways.

So I will. Bottom line, I will. It was this wake up call...reminding me why we're here, and what we're supposed to be doing.

So as great and lovely of having our home look beautiful and updated...does it matter truly in the end?? No, it doesn't.

What matters is that I have a husband that loves me, that we're living our lives the best we can, and by doing this we have been promised Eternal Life.

I think we got a pretty good end deal...don't you?!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magrath Days...

Six Months...

happy birthday to my man...