Friendship...

What is friendship?  Truly...what is it?

To me, a friend is someone who makes you smile.  Who cares sincerely about you.  They take time out of their own lives to listen when you've had a bad day, or when something exciting is taking place.  They make you laugh.  They lend their shoulder for you to cry on.  A friend is someone who you can trust to tell your deepest, darkest secrets to.  A friend is being selfless, kind, compassionate and loving.  



As I sit here, on my couch this lovely Sunday evening I cannot help but think of all of the friends that I have made over the years.  Some have come and gone throughout my life, but many of them still remain. 

I have friends scattered about, and I feel blessed.  Each person has made a great impact on my life.  I wonder if we have any idea on the kind of way we can effect someone's life.  Do we?  

What sparked this whole idea of this post tonight took place earlier this evening.  I happened to come across a picture of myself, with one of my missionary companions.  As I looked at this picture of the two of us, I couldn't help but reflect on the memories that we've shared.  So many that I hold dear, and cherish.  

So yes, there are many people in my life that I consider to be a friend.  But you know what?  There could be a lot more.  Okay so before you go thinking I'm trying to sound conceded, like EVERYONE would want to be my friend, that's not what I mean.  We could/can make friends wherever we go.  Each opportunity that we have to meet someone new, this could be a chance to make a difference in someone's life.  To make a friend.  Everyone needs a friend.  Friendship is a beautiful and blessed thing.  It can make the biggest difference to someone, to know that there's someone else out there in this big world that we live in that cares about you.  There are many people that struggle with loneliness.  So let's step up, and be a friend.  

I think there are many ways we can be a friend to someone.  We don't have to have them over for supper, or have a big elaborate evening planned.  Talk to someone who needs a listening ear.  Smile and/or give someone a hug.  Let someone know that you're thinking about them and that you do care. 

I may not always be the best friend in the world.  My life is busy, and I do not make enough time for others as I should.  I am sorry for that.  But I want you to know(you know who you are..I've always wanted to say that) that I'm thankful to have you in my life.  

From my friends in Ontario that I've had since a small child, to my family members who are also my friends.  To the friends I have in Idaho and in other States scattered around, I love you!  Thank you for being you, and thank you for being apart of my life.  



Toodles all, have an awesome week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magrath Days...

Six Months...

happy birthday to my man...