Say it don't Spray it!




Hey All!  So I wanted to do a quick post night...sharing something that I totally LOVE!

So most of you that know me know I'm kind of obsessed with make-up.  I love make-up....BIG TIME!  But one of the biggest disappointments with make-up is that you can take so much time doing your make-up just to have a big majority of it "washed off" by the early afternoon/evening.  This isn't the end of the of the world I suppose, but if I have to run errands after work I certainly do not wait to look like I'm melting...anyway...

So years ago I started buying a setting spray from a fabulous company that I get a good majority of my make-up from(elf cosmetics)...their price is good as it's only $6.00..but when that is the only thing that I have run out of I definitely cannot justify spending a whack load on shipping and handling so I decided to find my own recipe.  MAC is known for their MAC fix and spray.  I again cannot justify buying it because it's CRAZY expensive....but I found a recipe that supposedly is similar to theirs.

*Keep in mind I am not saying this recipe is 100% the same because I honestly have no clue.  I have never used the MAC fix and spray.  I'm sure the products is great, but the price tag in my opinion isn't.

Anyway...I wanted to share this homemade recipe with you all.  I have used and I seriously LOVE it.

So here is what you will need:

Glycerine (got from Wal-Mart for $4.99)
Distilled Water (got from Wal-Mart for $2.00)
Small spray bottle (already had but can buy at the Dollar Store )
Rubbing Alcohol (super cheap at Wal-Mart for like $2.00-3.00-most of us already have this laying around our house which I had.)

Basically you want to sterilize your spray bottle before using it with the rubbing alcohol.  Then to make the spray you will take 1 part Glycerine to 3 parts Distilled Water.

I spent in total $7.00 and I have plenty of materials left, enough to make at least 3-4 more batches.  Once you've measured, and poured the 2 ingredients into your spray bottle close the bottle up and then shake it really well.  Voila...you've got your own setting spray.

After you've completed your make-up for the day, simply spray a light mist all over your face and you'll be styling for the entire day.

Have fun with it....:)

Night all




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magrath Days...

Six Months...

happy birthday to my man...