Beach Hair...




Hi everyone.

I wanted to share a quick post with you all tonight that I'm super excited about.  I have wanted to get "beachy waves" in my hair for SO LONG!  One of the popular fads right now is Sea Salt Spray.  The myth is it's supposed to add more texture to your hair, and add a lot of volume.  It's said that it gives you that look as if you've just been at the beach.

I spent a decent amount of time online pricing these sea salt sprays out...and maybe I'm just cheap, but there is NO WAY I am spending $22.00 per bottle.  But I still REALLY wanted to try it...so what did I do??  I made my own sea salt spray.

I researched several different recipes, and found a combination that works well for me..and yesterday morning before church I whipped up a batch.  It was super easy and very inexpensive...especially if you already have all of the ingredients(which I did).

This is what you need:


*1 tbsp of Organic Coconut Oil(helps it to smell beachy, and it can help with hair grown

* 6 drops of Lavender- which helps to protect hair shaft

* 1 tbsp of Sea Salt(you can use epsom salt in it's place)

* 1 tsp of Aloe Vera Gel

* 1 tsp of Conditioner

* 1 cup of boiling water

* Spray bottle

Here's what you do:  Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.  Pour into a glass dish to allow it to "breathe/cool"
Next you add in all of the ingredients, to hot water and stir with a spoon or whisk until dissolved.  Once the water has cooled down enough, pour mixture into spray bottle and shake until all contents are completely dissolved again.

After showering or washing hair, apply a generous amount of spray onto wet hair and wrap in towel.  While you're doing your make-up or putting lotion on, spritz your hair every 5 minutes or so with more of the spray and cover each time with the towel.

To finish off with styling your hair(because this technique is important), I've uploaded the video that I used, that includes her tips and techniques, and they worked great for me.




Here's a few photos that I took yesterday of myself.  With my hair being so dark it's kind of hard to see, but seriously it turned AWESOME!  This is definitely going to be a new favorite hairstyle for me this summer!









Good luck, and surfs up!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magrath Days...

Six Months...

happy birthday to my man...