The True Meaning of Christmas




So, this year besides trying to be smart with money, we're trying to focus more on the true meaning of Christmas. I absolutely love the above picture, because I think it tells us that we need to remember how and why Christmas even exists. We're only buying presents this year for our parents, because things get just too expensive. But we're really trying to focus on the giving part of Christmas, rather than the receiving, so we've decided to spend the money that we would spend on Christmas presents for each other, on a family that's in need. I'm actually really excited about doing this, I think it'll really help us get into the Christmas spirit, and it'll feel so great knowing that we are serving a family in need.

Comments

It feels so good to do that! We stopped giving presents in our family a couple of years ago(between Mum and Dad and my Sister)instead we all pitch in and adopted a family from the church that is in need. They have a great Christmas and it is still cheaper than buying presents for everyone!

Popular posts from this blog

Magrath Days...

Six Months...

happy birthday to my man...