Lessons Learned

I'm going to take a break tonight to share with you one of the many blessings that came into my life because of serving a mission.

A jump skip and a hop down the road...and I served in Idaho Falls...for a second time.  The area I was in this time was different from my first area.

It was my second companion in this area....Sister Song....from Cambodia.

Sister Song had such a sweet spirit to her.  She always had a smile on her face, and even during hard situations, she always had a positive outlook....ALWAYS!

Sister Song and I truly became like sisters.  I love that girl!

Being from Cambodia, there was a bit of a language barrier.  Now don't get me wrong, I think considering she learned English on her mission...she spoke English very well.  But with all things, there were some ways of communicating that could be a bit challenging.  So...what do you do when your regular way of doing things doesn't work?  You change them.  You make them work in a different way, and you know what??  We did.  She taught me so much.  We taught our discussions in a different way.  The lesson was still followed strictly, we just made it work for all parties involved.

I've been able to apply the lessons I've learned with Sister Song into my life in this present time.  My day job can be challenging on the best of days.  I talk to people on the phones all day.  I speak to people all over the world.  Sometimes because of the language barrier, it can be a challenge.  But I apply the lessons I learned from serving with Sister Song, and my job becomes easier.  I'm able to think of the way Sister Song and I talked, and taught people.  I'm able to change the way I word things so that both sides of the conversation are on the same page.

I cannot tell you how many times these lessons have helped me in my life.

I love Sister Song...and I am grateful every day for the blessing I had to serve with her.


Love you sista!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magrath Days...

Six Months...

happy birthday to my man...