The Nick Pose

It all started back in 1996.  I became obsessed a fan of the Backstreet Boys.  My family conducted a service project/gift thingy mabober for Family Home Evening one week.  We each had to pick a name out of a bowl and do something nice for that person.

Well...my dad got my name.  You know what he got me???? My very first Backstreet Boys poster.  I had that poster pretty much until I left on my mission, when I packed all of my stuff up to put away.  I loved that picture.  I think that it was even more special because my dad bought it for me.  Anyhow, I have searched the internet high and low for this picture...and have come up almost short.  I found one picture that is similar.  Except for Nick in the poster my dad gave was standing up and the pose he did was more obvious.  Here's an idea for you:


(Nick is the blonde one in the very front kneeling if you didn't already know that)


So...fast forward to 2001 and I am now in ...serving a mission.  Call me whacky, weird or just plain loony but I loved to have fun when I was a Missionary.  I know that that was not the primary reason I was their, but honestly I believe that that is what allowed me to grow so many relationships.  

So...then I had this idea one day...I should take a picture of myself and others doing the "Nick Pose"...and it just kind of exploded from there.  I had so many people do the "Nick Pose" in pictures.  It was hilarious, and they probably thought I was a total nut job I was so awesome! haha


The funniest "Nick Pose" picture I think I took is put down below for you.  My companion and I were serving in Rexburg Idaho.  We were headed over to the Elders house to give them some Canadian Treats.  Then it was either the guy that lived upstairs, or some total stranger came up to us and started talking to us.  He was just being friendly, and was clearly not interested in talking Religion.  So my companion was like " we should totally do the Nick Pose" and I'm like..."oh ya".  So we did it.  As you can see we were laughing our heads off!!!  


Here's a few pictures of different people from Idaho doing the Nick Pose.  As you look at each picture, look at the faces of each person.  Some of them are pretty hilarious!



































Well that's all for tonight.  Just wanted to have a fun post.

toodles,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Magrath Days...

Six Months...

happy birthday to my man...